Friday 13 July 2012

DIY: Homemade Hair Lightener

This hair treatment is just fab for the summer...it's natural and inexpensive, too! 

I'm hoping this works out. Don't be dejected if the lightening doesn't work out as you had hoped...at least your hair gets conditioned nicely!

 I tried this homemade recipe which can: 
a) Lighten your hair (Depends on your hair colour)

b) Give your hair a great deep condition treatment

*Blondes please spray Lemon juice on your hair and lay in the sun for 30 minutes instead of this whole treatment. Oh, and wear sunscreen!*


Many people add other things or use different recipes, but this is what I did.
You will need:
-Cinnamon
-Honey
-Conditioner (of your choice)
-Shower cap/ Plastic bag
-Gloves (optional)

In a container (I used an empty ice-cream tub) put some honey (Raw honey is recommended more since it is less processed...but I didn't use it).

Then add conditioner. Now, if you put one tablespoon of honey, you should put DOUBLE the amount of conditioner in your container. (2 tablespoons.) This really depends on you though. But remember to always put more conditioner than honey.

I then added some cinnamon to the mixture. Don't put too much though. I put about one tablespoon.

Then you stir it. It looked like a light chocolate mousse in my opinion... or a brown apple sauce. Leave it for 15-25 minutes to settle and then apply it to your hair. (I used gloves to apply with the help of my sister)

Make sure you're wearing worn-out clothing just in case things get messy.

Leave it in for 2-7 hours. You can sleep with it if you want, but just make sure that your shower cap/ plastic bag is secured with a headband.

I applied this to half my hair, just to see the difference. I'll update soon to inform you.


*The Hair Lightening treatment requires several applications before the results become really noticeable.*


Take Care and tell me if you're going to try it out!
xo

-L.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment